DIY – Colourful Sea Turtle
Learn how to make your own amazing colourful paper sea turtle with Hectic On 3. Melo shows us how to make these amazing sea turtles for you to hang around the house or give it to someone you love or a friend!! These colourful paper sea turtles are good for decoration and you can also say you made them yourself.
Turles are really interesting animals and before you start to make your own, here are a few fun facts about them.
- Did you know that Turtles are reptiles?
- They have a hard shell that protects them like a shield, this upper shell is called a ‘carapace’.
- Turtles also have a lower shell called a ‘plastron’.
- Many turtle species (not all) can hide their heads inside their shells when attacked by other animals.
- Turtles have existed for around 215 million years!
- Like other reptiles, turtles are cold-blooded
- The largest turtle is the leatherback sea turtle, it can weigh over 900 kg! (2000 lb)
- Turtles lay eggs.
- Some turtles lay eggs in the sand and leave them to hatch on their own. The young turtles make their way to the top of the sand and scramble to the water while trying to avoid predators.
- Sea turtles have special glands which help remove salt from the water they drink.
- Many turtle species are endangered. So only a few of them are left.
Now that we know a little more about these amazing turtles, let’s make our own.
*Make sure you get help from a Parent or Guardian*
All you going to need is:
- 4 Coloured paper
- A paper plate
- Scissors *Let your parent handle these*
- Colour Marker *Get different colours for extra colour*
- Some glitters for decorations
And let the fun begin!