DIY Hand Sanitizer
With Heritage Day celebrations being around the corner, it is still important to keep following the Covid19 rules. Remember the 3 golden rules: Wear a mask, Sanitise and keep Social distancing. If you don’t have access to a hand sanitiser, you can use good old-fashioned soap and water, but today we’ve got you covered by creating our very own hand sanitiser!
It is always better to wash your hands with soap and wash your hands for the length of the HAPPY BIRTHDAY song
You will need:
● ⅔ cup 99% rubbing alcohol
● ⅓ cup Aloe Vera gel
● Essential oils of your choice
● Jar with lid
It’s very important that you ask for your parents or guardians permission before you get started, squad members! Be careful that none of these ingredients gets into your mouth or eyes.
- Step 1: Mix together your rubbing alcohol and aloe vera gel. Your rubbing alcohol must have 99% alcohol, This is because hand sanitiser should be 65% alcohol to be effective, and when we’re adding it to our aloe vera, it gets diluted.
- Step 2: Add in a couple of drops of your preferred essential oils. You can leave this step out if you wish.
- Step 3: Put it in a sealed jar. And there you have it, squad members! An easy-peasy hand sanitiser!