After all the sweet treats we’ve eaten during the festive season, it’s time to get back to healthy eating with a cheesy Breakfast Nests. They’re yummy and delicious and full of flavour!
Before you get cooking, make sure your hands are washed and clean.
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 teaspoon margarine
- ¼ onion
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 small tomato
- 1 tablespoon powder creamer
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated cheese
Now to put all this yumminess together!
- Step 1: Heat a large pan over a medium heat.
- Step 2: Cut a large rectangle out of each bread slice against the crusts.
- Step 3: Spread margarine over the crusts and inside squares on both sides.
- Step 4: Melt the remaining margarine in the pan.
- Step 5: Sauté the onion and bacon in the margarine for about 4 minutes.
- Step 6: In the meantime, add the Cremora Original to the eggs and whisk until blended. Step 7: This will ensure a super creamy egg. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 8: Add the garlic and mushrooms and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Step 9: Add the tomato and cook for another minute, stirring occasionally.
- Step 10: Shape the vegetable-and-bacon mixture into two rectangles in the pan and place the bread crusts over them, encasing the mixture.
- Step 11: Slowly pour the egg mixture into the bread rectangles and over the vegetable-and-bacon mixture and allow to cook for about 2-3 minutes, until the egg has set at the bottom.
- Step 12: Sprinkle the grated cheese over the egg, cover with the cut-out rectangles of bread and flip them over carefully.
- Step 13: Allow to cook on the other side for about 2-3 minutes.
When it’s finished cooking, ask an adult to put your yummy cheesy omelet breakfast nest onto a plate. You can enjoy it with a bit of sliced avocado and chutney. So delicious!
Happy cooking, squad members!